Watermelon iced tea
Introduction: Welcome summer with our Watermelon Iced Tea! This refreshing thirst quencher combines the natural sweetness of watermelon with the invigorating aroma of our organic black tea or hibiscus tea from 7Tea®. Perfect for garden parties, barbecues or simply to enjoy on the terrace.
- 4 tsp 7Tea® organic black tea or hibiscus tea
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- Juice of half a lime
- 3-4 tbsp sugar or honey (to taste)
- 1 liter of water
- Ice cubes
- Lime slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Prepare tea: Brew the black tea or hibiscus tea with 1 liter of boiling water and let it steep for about 3-5 minutes. Then let it cool down.
- Puree watermelon: Puree the watermelon cubes and strain the puree to remove the solids.
- Mix the tea: Mix the cooled tea with the watermelon puree. Add the lime juice and sugar or honey. Stir well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cooling: Place the iced tea in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- To serve: Fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the chilled iced tea over them. Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves.
Tips and Variations:
- Sugar reduction: For a less sweet version, you can reduce the sugar content or leave it out completely.
- Herbal addition: A few leaves of basil or lemon balm add an interesting flavor note.
- Sparkling note: For a sparkling version, you can add some mineral water.
Enjoy this summer iced tea and share your experiences with us! Visit our 7Tea® online shop to discover our organic black tea, hibiscus tea and other teas.